Tuesday, December 20, 2005

X-? Away from "Home"


X really is perfect to describe this elusive holiday. Who came up with that anyway? Please vote - should the name for this time of year (tty) be X-mas? Just X? Do I have too much time on my hands?

Speaking of this, I find this station quite lovely at the moment (choose the SKY option...) http://www.web-radio.fm/christmas/.



In any case, here are some messages of tty:
  • Giving without expectation of getting
  • Warm cozy treats and homes
  • Kindness to everyone
  • Someone was born in a manger. Go tell it on a mountain.
Here are some actual messages I've received/sent:
  • That's all I get? After what I got you?
  • A personal message on the card would be nice.
  • Not even a freegin' card?
  • Hmm. S/he must be mad at me/us.
  • The X-mas finger.
In other words, X-mas does not really exist 'cept in our lovely heads. But it would be nice. I won't be home for x-mas, ever, because Home is as fleeting as Santa Claus. Bah.

But I like it all anyway. Even the arguments. But especially the Charlie Brown Christmas Special.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

NOTHING really exists 'cept in our lovely heads. We always choose our conscious reality...don't you think?

Eleni Binge said...

hmm, I sense a familiar Southern drawl in this anonymous posting...